Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Trying to get into Law School

I really want to go to law school. It's been a goal of mine for several years now - including the entirety of my college career. I really want to get a law degree so that I can be involved in the creation of legislation. I want to draft bills, then propose them to representatives, and then help guide them through the legislative system. I think it would be super cool to be a total policy wonk. I think this means that I want to work for either a think-tank or a lobbying firm (but I don't want to work for an evil think thank or lobbying firm).

So I finished school with a 3.9 GPA and I got a 167 on the LSAT. I've also applied at ten law schools. My dream schools (where I'm likely to not be accepted) are Stanford, Berkeley, G-town, Penn, and Michigan. My target schools (where I am likely to be accepted) are BYU, George Washington, Colorado, and Georgia. My safety school (where I'm basically guaranteed admittance) is the U of U.

I'm crazy anxious and find myself checking my e-mail several times a day for updates from law school. I hope I get to go somewhere good - and hopefully with some cash assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment