Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Constitutional Law SEX


Part of the reason I originally applied at CU Law was because I am enamored with Pierre Schlag whose writings I find to be quite titillating. I've written about some of his ideas on this blog before. And today I got to meet Schlag.

Today I had my first class with Pierre Schlag. He was on sabbatical in Europe for my first semester, and so very few of my senior classmates knew much about him, which as a fan seemed to further enhance his mystique. Despite my heightened expectations, he did not disappoint. He dresses a little rockstaresque in a blazer and jeans with a tuft of chest hair sticking out of his low-buttoned shirt. He has a mullet. And he speaks with subtle accent which adds to his gravitas without distracting from what he says.

He was quite theatrical and moved about the classroom like he had a nervous tick. Half-way into the lecture he excitedly gushed "Constitutional law is about SEX," rousing several people from slumber he then continued less loudly, "and race, allocation of power between states and the Federal government, and of power between the branches."

Schlag tries to make constitutional law as sexy as possible, but I'm afraid no one will ever get hot thinking about this subject.



No comments:

Post a Comment